Monday, March 28, 2005

Those Green Parrots

I found this website that has information on the wild parrots of California. I have friends who recently saw The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill and said that it was fascinating.

I remember the first time I noticed the parrots: I was walking near USC when this noisy, green cloud passed over me. At first, I thought I had imagined it, they seemed so out of place in downtown L.A. And now, living in South Pas, I see (and hear) them on an almost daily basis. It's amazing how you can begin to tune out something that once seemed so alarmingly different. I must pay my respects to the green parrots.

3 Comments:

Blogger South Pas Blogs said...

Anyone have any interesting stories or insights about the green parrots?

9:32 AM  
Blogger South Pas Blogs said...

The parrots' squawking could cut through concrete walls, methinks.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard that these parrots ancestors were released from a Pasadena pet store, in the 1930s, during a fire in the building.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home