Monday, May 09, 2005

The bent event

The event at bent was a success. I'd say that we had at least 100 people during the evening, if not more. Steve's hors d'oeuvres and presentation were delightful, and the place was abuzz with activity for three hours straight. People who wanted to enjoy the live music stayed in the front room, while people who wanted to talk mingled in the back gallery. (bent is having another art show opening next weekend; I'll post more information when I have it. I will also post pictures from Saturday night when I have them.)

I met Kimberly Williams, Chief Operating Officer for the Institute for Educational Advancement, which is described on her business card as "a catalyst for intellectual and creative growth among high potential youth." She came up to me after I played to talk with me about how I recorded the EP I was selling at the show. She recently bought her son some home recording equipment and was excited about helping him get started with recording. The Institute is located in South Pas so I'm adding a link under Websites.

Another South Pasadena website I have come across recently is that of Brenda Swenson. Swenson is a watercolor artist who has a penchant for painting old pickups, among other things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home