Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Kids These Days

One thing I noticed when I went to the first TownTalks meeting a couple weeks ago is that I was one of the few younger people there. I think it's important, if you are a younger resident, that you participate in the discussions. There are a number of younger renters in South Pas, and it seems to me that they probably take most of their disposable income elsewhere as it is. I really believe that it is a mistake to ignore this section of the population. We have the opportunity to be a breath of vitality in a community that largely looks backwards. Don't get me wrong. As I've said before, I appreciate the quaint quality and the desire to preserve history; but I think for a community to be working healthily, all segments of the population need to be involved. If you haven't yet registered to take part in the TownTalks, here are the remaining dates for the TownTalks:
  • Thursday, June 9 7-9 pm
  • Thursday, June 16 7-9 pm
  • Saturday, June 18 10 am-12 pm
You can register by calling 626.441.1124 or filling out and submitting the form found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home