Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Smells of South Pas

A few weeks ago when it rained for a couple days straight, I noticed the fragrance of the eucalyptus trees really popped out.

And much to my delight, people have started burning wood in their fireplaces on a regular basis. It almost helps me forget that I'm biking to work where I will be inside for eight hours. I wish our apartment had a fire place. Are there any public buildings here where I could set myself down and camp in front of a fireplace? Maybe I should start lobbying for a fireplace to be put in at the library. Of course, a fire in close proximity to thousands of dusty old books perhaps isn't a very good idea. Then again, everything is going to digital, right?

Until then, I guess I'll just pull out the old oil drum and have me a hobo's Christmas. Somethin to warm me hands by. Get me a tin can a beans and a pile a kindlin. Aww, yeah, the good life.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is that fireplace at the Starbucks/Wells Fargo on Fair Oaks and the street just south of Mission. It's kind of cozy!

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I miss your posts.

11:08 AM  
Blogger South Pas Blogs said...

Thanks, Jill. I appreciate that.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home