Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Bird of Prey

This morning I went running at Orange Grove Park. About halfway through my first lap around the field, I looked up to see a hawk about ten feet away from me. He cocked his head, looked me straight in the eye, and then flew off. As he took off, I noticed that he was carrying some sort of prey in his talons; the unlucky creature had gray and white markings and looked like it could have been a large pigeon or a cat. But I didn't get a look at its head. I think it may have been a cat, because the body looked soft and droopy. I think a pigeon would have seemed more rigid. In the blink of an eye, the hawk was already on the other side of the offices just west of the park. Probably starting in on breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home