Tuesday, September 19, 2006

And the Winner Is

Thena and I attended the South Pas Chamber's Ossie Awards on Friday night. (Thanks, Scott.) Even though I'm not presently a business owner, I enjoyed being around people who know something of the history of the town. Peter Tripodes of Gus's Barbecue accepted the Essence of SouthPas Lifetime Achievement Award and spoke about Gus's closure due to an earthquake in 1987, which I had not known about. He also reminisced about a time when it looked like the restaurant was in danger of losing their neon sign, and the whole town rallied at a city council meeting to save the sign.

I love living in a small community, but it sometimes has its Waiting for Guffman moments.











Tagged:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home