Wednesday, May 09, 2007

End of the Road

Does anyone know why you have to exit Arroyo Parkway (northbound) onto State St. to get to Fair Oaks? Yesterday, while I was walking across the overpass (on the north side of Fair Oaks), I noticed that there is a fenced-off section of road between the parkway and Fair Oaks. It looks like it was intended to be an exit off the parkway that would feed right into Fair Oaks. I've noticed this before, but it got me wondering why they built it in the first place and why they stopped the project. Did funds run out? Did the city kill it? Did the state kill it? Anyone have any background on this?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That WAS an offramp many years ago. I believe that it was closed because there were cars coming from so many different directions at that intersection.

3:56 PM  
Blogger South Pas Blogs said...

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I can't imagine another stream of cars coming into that intersection.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home