Monday, June 04, 2007

You Don't See This Every Day, or Only in California

On my way home from work, I was walking down Columbia and noticed a squirrel a few yards away from me gnawing on something that looked like a muddy, oversized tennis ball. Either that, or the squirrel was feasting upon some small creature it had just vanquished. As I got closer, I realized that Mr. Squirrel had an avocado between his paws. And he had already polished off about a quarter of it. I walked toward the squirrel, and he actually tried to scurry up the tree for a moment until he slid to the ground, pulled down by the weight of the avocado.









My camera phone does not do the little guy justice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Trevelyan said...

Cute pic. Yes indeed, only in California does the wildlife dine so well! I went to high school in SoPas. The squirrels (as well as those lovely, if sometimes raucous, wild green parrots) have quite the life. The squirrel who lives under my back deck in Colorado only has the intrigued attentions of my cat--no avocados growing over here!

I love checking out your blog, as a way to see what's up in my hometown. It's a great little place. Thanks....

11:32 AM  
Blogger South Pas Blogs said...

Thanks for stopping by, Julie. I've been a little lax in my posting as of recent. I better step it up!

Colorado's not too shabby, either. You don't happen to live anywhere Durango?

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home